Immigrant Advisory Table Application Form
Vancouver Local Immigration Partnership brings together a diverse group of organizations across Vancouver that aim to work together in order to support newcomers thrive in Vancouver. The Immigrant Advisory Table (IAT) is made up of people with lived experience of migration and helps to guide and shape the work of the VLIP Council.
IAT Membership is open to Vancouver-based immigrants and newcomers who:
- Are living, studying, and/or working in the City of Vancouver
- Have experience, knowledge, and interest related to migration/immigration, community development or engagement, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Are open to learning, interacting and collaborating with diverse cultures
IAT Member Commitment:
- This is a voluntary position.
- Attend and actively participate in 6 meetings per year (bi-monthly)
- Provide regular input to the VLIP Council
- Act as cultural ambassadors of VLIP and assist with outreach to communities
- Participate in and/or co-lead VLIP Strategic Working Groups (optional)
- Table members are appointed for a period of at least one year (with the possibility of extension)
Applications for Immigrant Advisory Table (IAT) are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Reach out to Co-Manager, Farah, directly: email@example.com